Skip to content
3. Configure Cisco Wireless LAN Controller
- Connect your Cisco Wireless LAN Controller management interface
- Go to “Advanced” if you’re using version < 8.1
- Select “MANAGEMENT” tab and click on the SNMP submenu
- Click on the “Trap Receivers” menu and then click “New” at the top right
- Enter a community name (we will not use this in our SNMP setup, so use a name that describes your CentOS 7 server)
- Enter the IP address of your new installed CentOS 7 server
- Click “Apply” to validate your configuration
- Next, click on the “Trap Controls” menu and verify that “Client” -> “Authentication” is checked
- Check under “Trap Logs” menu that messages appear with wireless user username and IP address in the same line
Thanks for this great article. Did you already have time to create your new article avoiding the CentOS server?
Didn’t plan a new article ;-). On the WLC you only need to enable the logging syslog facility client associate option, and on the Palo Alto side you need to create a new Syslog receiver for User-ID.